With the online SORA Tool drone operators can easily perform their risk assessment for operations in the Specific Category and apply for a permit or waiver at their CAA. Applying the Specific Operations Risk Analysis (SORA) can be challenging, AirHub's smart online SORA Tool enables drone operators to quickly determine the Ground Risk Class (GRC) and Air Risk Class (ARC) for their mission and helps to define the applicable Specific Assurance and Integrity Level (SAIL). The algorithm provides operators with the right information at the right time and pro-actively navigates them trough all steps in the SORA.
Specific Operations Risk Assessment
The Specific Operations Risk Assessment (SORA) was developed by JARUS to provide dro-ne operators with a standardised methodology for the risk assessment required to apply for an authorisation to operate an Unmanned Aircraft System within the Specific Category.
Performing a SORA can be a time consuming effort however and at AirHub we noticed that operators and CAA's were struggling with this. Also we noticed that, once they had gone through the SORA process, it did not provide them with a clear overview of require-ments they had to fulfil to perform the intended drone operation. That is why we have developed the smart online SORA Tool.
The Online SORA Tool lets drone operators quickly go through all steps of the SORA pro-cess:
1. Description of the Concept of Operations (ConOps)
2. Determination of the UAS intrinsic Ground Risk Class (GRC)
3. Final Ground Risk Class determination (M1 to M3 mitigations)
4. Determination of the initial Air Risk Class (ARC)
5. Application of Strategic Mitigations to determine the intermediate ARC
6. Application of Tactical Mitigations to determine the final ARC
7. Determination of Adjacent Area / Airspace considerations
8. Comprehensive Safety Portfolio considerations (privacy, security, insurance, etc.)
9. Determination of Specific Assurance and Integrity Levels (SAIL)
10. Identification of Operational Safety Objectives (OSO) and other requirements
The SORA Tool provides drone operators a custom report that contains all Operational Safety Objectives and additional requirements that are applicable to their drone operation and supports operators with fulfilling the requirements for their crew, operations manu-al, drone, services and equipment. Operators can attach supporting documentation and references and then easily apply for an operational authorisation or waiver at their CAA.
Today the AirHub Online Sora Tool is publicly available after months of intensive testing. www.soratool.com