FAQs - Networking and Virtual platform
What is the ADW Virtual platform?
The ADW Virtual platform gives you the opportunity to meet new business relations and connect with the UAM Industry. Once in the platform, you can start matchmaking and add programme items to your personal calendar, watch the livestream and recordings.
How can I enter the ADW Virtual platform?
Step 1: Register for ADW Hybrid
Step 2:Create an account You will receive an email to
Step 3: Go to the ADW Virtual platform and login with your account details.
What is Matchmaking
Our advanced AI-powered matchmaking platform uses natural language processing, advanced algorithms and deep neural networks to constantly learn about your professional goals and interests. It takes the work out of networking through intelligent matchmaking – making it more fun and giving you a higher return on your time.
What is the difference between 'showing interest' and requesting a meeting?
If two users show interest in each other, they are able to chat with each other. If there is mutual interest, the person will appear under 'My connections'. You can then click the 'Chat' button to open a chat window. Requesting a meeting is scheduling a location and time for a meeting (offline or online) with a connection. This can be done via the 'request a meeting' button.
What are the ADW Virtual platform benefits?
The ADW Virtual platform allows you to network with other attendees, speakers and partners, arrange meetings and identify potential business contacts.
How do I find networking opportunities?
The ADW Virtual platform uses natural language processing and advanced algorithms to recommend networking opportunities. Alternatively, you can search for attendees/exhibitors directly or use the filters to find the right profile you’re looking to meet.
How do I request a meeting?
First, find the person you’d like to meet and click on their name to view their profile page, you’ll be able to mark them as ‘interested’ or send a meeting request directly.
Where will meetings take place?
A few options have been provided as locations for your meetings (networking lounge, virtual meeting room) or you can specify somewhere else in the personal message area.
Can I add meetings to my calendar?
When a meeting request is accepted it will send a calendar invite to your email address.
How do I access a virtual meeting room?
- Log in on the web platform or mobile app;
- Once the meeting is accepted, the Virtual Meeting Room button will appear (if it’s pending or cancelled the Virtual Room won’t be available);
- The Virtual Meeting Room button will be clickable 5 mins before the scheduled call;
- Once you click on the Virtual Meeting Room button you’ll be directed to your virtual meeting room;
- You can go in and out of the Virtual Meeting Room within your scheduled meeting time, however, once the meeting time has expired you won’t be able to access your Virtual Meeting Room;
- Meeting duration is not limited;
- You’ll be able to share your screen, however, you will be unable to record your meeting.
How do I update my profile?
If you log in to our ADW Virtual platform for the first time, a pop-up window will take you through a few steps to set-up your profile, make sure to go through each step and fill out the appropriate information.
If you already are connected to our ADW Virtual platform and you would like to update your information, click on the profile icon in the upper right corner. You can add here a profile picture and fill in/adjust the answers on the profile questions.
How do I add somebody to a virtual meeting?
- Open the profile page of the person you have a meeting with and display meeting details.
- On the list of participants you will find a 'Add invitee' button.
- Click on this button and search for people you want to meet. You will only find people you have permissions to meet with.
- You can select up to 10 people on a single invite and only select people who are available for relevant timeslot.
- Click 'invite'. Once this has been done, you will also see additional participants on the list; and each of them needs to accept the invite separately.